What is Adventure Aide?
Adventure is a mobile app that allows you to browse and book unique outdoor adventures created and led by locals. Adventure Aide was born as a resource for people who have a strong desire to explore the world and experience the outdoors. By supporting locals and their passions, we are able to create experiences that are unique to every individual.
What is our mission?
To create a space to share passions, connect individuals, and encourage discovery in order to inspire a more meaningful existence for us all.
- Go the Extra Mile - In business, friendships and on adventures, we believe putting in the extra effort always delivers the best results.
- Take the Time - Life moves fast, it’s important to make sure we make time for the moments that matter. Breathing fresh air, hanging with friends, and enjoying the journey.
- Keep it Real - It’s not about the latest gear or the perfect mountain top selfie. It’s about real moments with real people.
- Inspire Community - It’s the experiences that bring us together, but the people that keep us connected.
How does Adventure Aide work?
Adventure Aide is an iOS and Android app that connects you with local guides (Aides) to take you on unique adventures.
Once you create an account on the app, you can browse and book adventures in your area or near your next destination. The app will curate a list of adventures based on your radius and location. You can either request a day and time that works for you or book a session that an Aide has already scheduled.
Everything from payment to communication is done through the Adventure Aide app. Click the link below to learn more. `
What are the benefits of going on adventures through Adventure Aide?
Adventure Aide is your app to find adventures near you, connect with cool people & get outside.
Browse and book outdoor adventures led by locals–from surf lessons to multi-day excursions. Designed so you can unplug, connect with cool people and have fun outdoors.
Our Aides create custom adventures, giving you an experience you won’t find anywhere else.
Do all adventures cost money?
Not all adventures cost money. Some are free! It is up to Aides to set the price for their adventure. Prices will range depending on what the Aide provides such as expertise, local knowledge, location access, equipment or amenities.
What is the difference between an adventure and a session?
An adventure is an outdoor experience that an Aide creates and leads. All adventures are reviewed and approved before they are seen on the app.
A session is an adventure that is scheduled and has a date and time on the calendar.
How do I book a session?
Select a day and find scheduled sessions in your area. Filter what you see on the feed at any given time by adjusting your location and radius.
- Check out the upcoming scheduled sessions in your area.
- Request your own session by choosing a date and time that works for you. Aides can either accept or deny pending their availability.
Adventures are meant to be discovered. Create your custom adventure list. Tell us what you hope to get out of your adventure and we will create a tailored list of what you might like.
- Decide what adventure you are looking for in the following categories - water, city, mountain, fitness & well being or unique,
- Adventures just for you: Choose what you want to get out of your next adventure by selecting a unique theme.
If you already know what you are looking for, you can search the name of adventure or by an Aide’s name.
The journal is where you can find all the adventures you have joined past, present or future.
How do I use the messenger?
Our in-app messenger allows you to not only send messages back and forth with your Aide, but you can also message all other participants within your booked sessions. This is helpful for coordinating carpools, gear, and any other questions you would like to ask the group.
- Not a fan of group messages? No problem. Our mute button in your messenger will turn off all group message notifications for that adventure.
- Archive messages - If you’re done with a conversation, slide the message left and mark as Done.
- Message Adventure Aide - Have questions about the app, technical difficulties, or have an idea? Use the in app messenger and reach out to the Adventure Aide Crew.
Where can I find the settings?
The settings tab is the gear icon located at the top right corner of your profile. Update your payment info, turn on/off notifications, sign up to become an Aide, locate the help center, contact us, read about the cancellation policy and more.
How do I view my stats?
In your profile, you can keep track of your completed adventures, view your connections and monitor your time spent outside each week.
I can’t reach the Aide, what should I do?
We encourage all our Aides to turn on their notifications so they can stay up to date on any questions and answer them in a timely fashion. If you don’t hear back from an Aide in 24 hours, please provide us with following information in the in-app messenger and we can notify the Aide.
Aide Name (First/Last), Adventure name, Session day & time, Location (City, State)
How does an adventure get approved?
Our team reviews each new Aide and adventure that is submitted. Our vetting process ensures we approve the best and most qualified Aides, as well as the most unique and fun adventures. If you would like to see the details of our vetting process please click the link below:
How do I ensure my safety on adventures?
- Read the adventure description carefully. Don’t go on an adventure that you feel is outside of your physical comfort zone and experience level. It is crucial to be aware of your physical capabilities and assess the adventure details to ensure it’s right for you.
- Prepare for the unexpected. If you are going on a physically strenuous adventure make sure to bring a backpack, plenty of water, snacks, sunscreen, and maybe even a small first aid kit.
I forgot my password, how do I reset it?
If you forgot your password please click the link on the login screen titled: “Forgot Password?” This will send a link to your email to reset your password. If for some reason you can’t access this please contact the support team for further assistance. You can email us at: email@example.com
Is my account and payment information safe on the app?
Our secure platform ensures your information and money is transferred directly to the Aide and not given to any third party sites. If you think your account has been compromised please email the support team immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not pay the Aide outside of the app as this is a breach of our booking agreement and resulting in the removal from the platform.
Click the link below to learn more about our booking agreement.
What if an Aide cancels their adventure?
An Aide may cancel a scheduled session prior to the adventure's start time based on weather or an emergency. In such event you will receive a full refund. If the Aide cancels the session due to the Aide's illness after accepting your booking request, you will receive a full refund.
How do refunds work?
You are able to cancel two hours before a session begins and will automatically receive a full refund. Within the two hour window, you will not receive a refund.
How do I file a claim?
You can file a claim through our website, in the session details under Past, or in your profile settings.
Claim topics include but are not limited to:
- I lost an item
- My Aide was unprofessional
- I would like a refund
- I was injured
- My Aide was not prepared
- My Aide did not communicate necessities for the adventure which left me feeling unsafe
- I witnessed misconduct
Do you need to be a certain age to go on an adventure?
You have to be at least 18 years old to book an adventure on the app.
Does Adventure Aide have insurance for participants who book an adventure?
Our insurance policy makes sure the Aide is protected in case participants are injured during the adventure. The Aide is covered up to $1,000,000 per occurrence in the event of a claim of bodily injury and up to $1,000 for urgent medical care. Our insurance policy will only act as the primary insurance coverage related to Adventure Aide adventures. To read through the policy, learn more about the Insurance Policy below.
How do I pay for my adventure?
We provide in-app payment to take the hassle out of booking. Add your card or bank information when you sign up.
Upon booking a session you can add or change your form of payment.
Can I pay for a friend?
Absolutely! When you book an adventure, you can choose to either pay for a friend or book for yourself. If you choose to add a friend, you will be prompted to add their name and email. Friends will receive an email notification to confirm the booking agreement. All participants must confirm the agreement before the adventure begins.
How do I request my own session?
If you would like to go on an adventure but the Aide hasn’t added any sessions yet, you can easily request a date and time that works for you.
Below is the booking process for a Requested Session.
- Aide Accepts or Denies - Once you request a session, the Aide will receive a notification and he or she can choose whether to accept or deny.
- Participant Confirms - If Aide accepts, you will be notified that the Aide has accepted your request.
- It’s now up to you to confirm the booking and final payment.
Payment is not completed until participant confirms request as the final step in the booking process. At any time in the booking process, message the Aide with questions or propose a time that works for the both of you.
The app isn’t working, what should I do?
We take all of our technical issues seriously. Contact the Adventure Aide Crew through the in-app messenger. Someone from our team will ask for some more information from you so we can understand the issue and route it to the necessary team. If for some reason you can't access the app, please email us at: email@example.com.
Are there other ways for me to get involved with Adventure Aide?
Yes, you can apply to become an Aide, Ambassador or Local Connect by filling out the form below.